Price 10,310 GP
Weight 18 lbs.
Aura moderate evocation
Nargrym Steelhand took this Glaive Guisarme from the dead hands of the taiga giant warlord Neveraka, and used the weapon for the rest of his giantslaying career
Fitted with a menacingly cruel 2-foot-long barbed iron head, this Large +1 Giant-Bane Glaive Guisarme can skewer an opponent, lodging beneath the flesh and holding fast.
On a confirmed critical hit with the spear, Heartspit’s wielder can attempt a combat maneuver check to grapple the target as a free action. This grapple attempt does not provoke an attack of opportunity from the target. While grappling a creature with Heartspit, the wielder can move or damage the target with the Glaive Guisarme only on the wielder’s turn. The wielder is still considered grappled, though he does not have to be adjacent to the target to continue the grapple. If the wielder ends the grapple or the target successfully breaks the grapple, the target takes 4d8 points of slashing damage as the Glaive Guisarme’s barbed head is ripped free
Heartspit is an Ascending Magic Item
- 8th Level: The Glaive Guisarme enhancement bonus increases to +2
- 10th Level: The Glaive Guisarme enhancement bonus increases to +3
- 12th Level: The Glaive Guisarme gains the Furyborn Special Ability
- 14th Level: The Glaive Guisarme enhancement bonus increases to +4
- 16th Level: The Glaive Guisarme gains the Impact Special Ability
- 18th Level: The Glaive Guisarme enhancement bonus increases to +5